Enterprise DNS provides a lot of great possibilities and opportunities for international businesses. So let’s explain a little bit more about it!
What is DNS?
The Domain Name System (DNS) is a decentralized naming system built in a strict hierarchical order. Its purpose is to connect the domain names with their IP addresses (IPv4 or IPv6). Thanks to the DNS, it is possible to identify a precise host on the Internet.
Enterprise DNS explained
Enterprise DNS is a valuable and powerful DNS service that is intended to serve the big needs of large enterprises. It resolves external and internal requests for enterprises. That occurs in an efficient, scalable, safe, automatable, and centrally managed manner. Such types of businesses usually require a trustworthy DNS architecture to help them function and provide redundancy, speed, 100% uptime, and security on a high level. Usually, a domain registrars’ DNS is not able to assure these capabilities only for a single client.
Thanks to Enterprise DNS, you can have a powerful and reliable DNS network and DNS servers. Additionally, it gives you the chance to use all of the various capabilities for your business.
Businesses that own a complicated and difficult managing structure could really benefit from the implementation of such a service. Based on the fact that they are international, they have a lot of branches. Therefore, they require many and frequent DNS modifications, and they often introduce new technologies, configurations, etc.
What Enterprise DNS has to offer?
- 100% DNS availability ensures that your website is going to be accessible and manage large amounts of traffic.
- With Enterprise DNS, you are able to attend to millions of DNS requests every month.
- It helps with numerous automatic modifications to the DNS configuration.
- With it, you are able to rely on very fast DNS propagation. Through the control panel, you can manage and monitor the DNS propagation. From there, if you want, you are capable of setting your TTL values and boosting the propagation.
- Enterprise DNS allows you to manage with 100% uptime multiple IP addresses (IPv4 and IPv6).
- Enterprise DNS comes with a robust network of many geographically placed servers for providing fast responses to users’ requests.
- With it, you could connect and manage millions of IoT (Internet of things) devices.
- Enterprise DNS is great if you have to enable a virtual network for DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) services in multiple locations.
- It supplies a centralized, clear, detailed picture of the inside DNS traffic of your enterprise.
- It provides automation which reduces the possibility of human mistakes.
- It improves security on a large scale and gives the ability to detect incoming threats quickly. That includes protection from DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks.
- You can count on 24/7 customer service, which can help you keep your operations running.
Who can benefit from it?
- Enterprise DNS is a common choice for global e-commerce stores that have to answer a large number of DNS requests coming from all around the world.
- Other businesses that prefer such a type of service are the ones offering applications. Typically they provide software for the employees and their daily tasks. For that reason, they could not afford any downtime and outages. That would negatively influence the productivity and the finances of their clients.
- Businesses providing mission-critical applications that operate with highly resource-demanding firms. For instance, Internet service providers (ISPs), data centers, hosting providers, aircraft, electric power grid systems, online banking systems.